13.1 / 185.0 2010
First Watch Sarasota Half Marathon
What a spectacular day for a half marathon here in Sarasota. An early 7:15AM start in the dark (thanks to the first day of daylight savings time) and I was at the Ringling Museum. Lucky for me Grandpa Dick had loaned me his 1990 something blue cadillac to drive up this morning so I arrived in style and had a little difficulty parking the "boat."
Overall it was a great race and a PR for me at 2:45 across the finish line (after a 5 minute wait at the home of some friends so that my parents could arrive.) I was pleased to stay on pace through mile 10 at 1:57 which was great. Mostly a flat course with the only hill the bridge over to Lido Key. The weather was very cooperative, and the crowds and volunteers made for a great event.
Big thanks to Ernie & Jane who provided a post race brunch at their home which was excellent. This is absolutely one I would do again.
No comments:
Post a Comment