5.2M / 168.6M
I know you are supposed to "taper" before you actually do your long run, but I'm pretty sure there is no training calendar that says take 8 days off in the last 14. Unfortunately I got hit by a flu bug and work and I couldn't get out there (despite some awesome weather). I did trek 5.2 this morning on the treadmill before I head to Florida tomorrow for the race on Sunday.
A 7:15AM start at the Ringling Museum -- which will be a body clock 6:15 as we "Spring Ahead" on Sunday morning. At this point I'll be excited to finish before they shut down the course. Not sure who I will see on Bay Shore Drive at the home of family friends on the way back, but just knowing they are there will be fun. (I've never run by someone's home I knew before).
The weather looks to be warm (low 60's to start) and sunny which will be enjoyable. Once I put my toes on the white sand of Siesta Key I'll be ready. A big shout out to Steve who was nice enough to pick up my package for me. No expo which is a bit disappointing ~ I guess I should expect that from smaller races.
No comments:
Post a Comment