Since 8 is my lucky number, thought I show an in progress shot as well. I was a couple of minutes behind the official start due to all the runners, so I'd like to call this at 2:00 or 15 minutes per mile.
So I am able to walk today, thanks to Aleve and the ice bath yesterday. While I was having breakfast in the hotel this morning, I heard one of the coaches say "I ran 6 miles this morning" and I almost didn't want to eat any more breakfast! I can't quite imagine 6 miles today, but could think about doing something tomorrow.
The calls and e-mails yesterday of support were great! We had a nice Victory Party last night at the Convention Center where everyone was a "HERO!" Overall this race in its 11 year history has raised $134M in the fight against blood cancer which is awesome.
So far, my only reflection is that this is my 100th post on the blog and if you think that most posts were on an exercise day with at least 3 miles, that would say it took me almost 300 miles of preparation for the successful 13.1 yesterday!
The calls and e-mails yesterday of support were great! We had a nice Victory Party last night at the Convention Center where everyone was a "HERO!" Overall this race in its 11 year history has raised $134M in the fight against blood cancer which is awesome.
So far, my only reflection is that this is my 100th post on the blog and if you think that most posts were on an exercise day with at least 3 miles, that would say it took me almost 300 miles of preparation for the successful 13.1 yesterday!
On the flight back up to San Francisco I met a woman from the NYC team who trained for the 1/2 and ended up running the full (Oh My!). Also talked to an Army gentleman who also ran the 1/2 as part of his army training (with little or no preparation).
No comments:
Post a Comment