This was an urban run, from AT&T Park down 3rd Street for almost 5 Miles and then a left turn toward Monster Park (where the 49rs play). It was hard cause there were no mile markers and the volunteers had no idea about distance or where the water stops were. Thank Goodness for the SFPD who had three stations where they would spray you with water and I took advantage of all three of them. It wasn't as hot as the 8K in Fairfax, but for San Fran it was pretty darn hot. I finished #827 out of 930 at a 16:11 pace which gives me a target to get under 16 for a 10K. I was #70 of 86 for my age category.The transportation back to the start was abysmal and I had to wait 1.5 hours in line to catch an 11 person van back. Regardless, it was fun. Had several "Go Teams" given I had on my TNT shirt. After a bit of relaxing I'll head down to Mountain View to visit with Sheila.
No comments:
Post a Comment