Dash for Dad 10K
This misty morning when the weather was at about 60 degrees I drove down to Alexandria Virginia to run a 10K at 8AM to help the fight against Prostate Cancer. I ran this race for Dick Schneider who just went through extensive treatments to beat this disease. He's not my Dad, but he is the Dad of my good friend Karen. I spent Labor Day weekend with Dick and Teddy (and their family) and had a great weekend, and this was a little bit of love sent back across the country in support of him.
Besides running for Dick, I was able to return to the same course that I ran in February as part of the George Washington 10k -- and I was able to shave 5 minutes off my time coming across the line in 1:10 (approximately an 11:20 pace). Like the last race, I was toe to toe with another female runner who uses the interval method and we actually spoke to each other after the race acknowledging that we helped each other out (albeit silently). One day I'll know what it feels like to run a race with someone, I'm pretty certain its a whole different experience.
Link to the racehttp://www.zerocancer.org/2009dashfordad1.html
No comments:
Post a Comment