Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22, 2010

Today's Explorer Hike was "3 Mile Canyon" outside of the resort at a place maintained by the Interior Department. Highlights were hieroglyphics on the rocks ~ we saw many. It was an up/down course for 3.6 miles at a pretty good pace. I ran out of water on the trip back and lucky for me, Roger had an extra small bottle which was a lifesaver. At the end of each hike, they have mint scented "frozen" washclothes that are remarkable.

I continued on my journey of trying most everything and so here was my schedule today:
  • 3 Mile Canyon Hike
  • Morning Stretch ~ a must after hiking
  • Off the Deep End ~ water aerobics that were pretty darn strenuous with these crazy gloves in the deep end of the pool.
  • Lunch outside on the patio with mists of cool water to keep us refreshed (solo)
  • Hip Hop ~ definitely instructed by a white woman and danced by the same. Fun.
  • Power Pilates ~ there was a reason I've never tried these, like core but with planned movements. I will absolutely feel this tomorrow.
  • Chiball Stretch -- a combination of Tai Chi and others that I have to say will be the first class I've had that I wouldn't recommend. (And its the stretch after the hike tomorrow :()
  • Introduction to Energy Work - Lifestyle Enhancement Discussion (later tonight)
  • Great community dinner where we set up our own bike ride for Thursday night after dinner when it might be a bit cooler.

Time to take 2 more Aleve's and go the lecture!

No comments: