Sunday, October 25, 2009

October 25, 2009



Marine Corp Marathon 10K

Technology almost bit me today - my alarm clock "fell behind" one hour automatically thinking this was the day that we change our clocks (its next weekend), so when I was casually getting ready this morning at 5:30 AM taking my own sweet time -- I had quite a shock when I put on my running watch and it said it was 6:30AM!! Needless to say, I turned into a machine and gathered all my stuff together and jumped in the car (without breakfast) to get to Vienna Metro in time to get to the start.
Luckily for me they opened another portion of the lot so I did get a parking space and was at the start by 7:40 (8:05 start) so it all worked. The kickoff was all Marine Corp and excellent. The race was a great course and I absolutely will sign up for next year and hope someone might come along with me. A killer hill at the end (I feel very sorry for the marathoners to have to experience that after 26 miles).
Not sure what my official time will be but its somewhere between 70 and 75 minutes. The highlight was at the end of the race being greeted by a Marine with a medal to acknowledge our accomplishment. How cool is that!

No comments: