Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19, 2009

A couple of good things have happened in the past couple of days:

  • I completed 6 miles on the elliptical machine this morning in about 50 minutes. Thats the farthest I have gone in my morning workouts ever. I hope it helps me get to 2:30 for the 1/2 marathon in April.
  • My work colleague commented on a new suit I was wearing yesterday by saying "It fits you" which I implied that she noticed my older clothes were getting bigger.
  • In the health club this morning I listened to woman say that she was working to loose 5 pounds BEFORE she went on vacation -- a real key to how people maintain better, versus going crazy on vacation and then coming back and having to loose. Pay first sounds like a better way to go.
  • I signed up for the Marine Core Historic Half Marathon in May in Fredericksburg, VA. Its the day after I get back from St. Louis, so hopefully it will work out.

These are all good signs when I was personally sabotaging my weight loss efforts. Wanted to reflect on them to get back onto the path to goodness. Stress still sends me to food, I continue to need to work on that!

No comments: