Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 29, 2009

17 Years Ago today we had a bridal shower for my cousin Kathy and a baby shower for my sister Louise in Bethesda MD. So tonight I head over to Burke VA to celebrate (a day early) the 17th birthday of my niece Elizabeth. Wow! how quickly 17 years go by but what fun I've had with her and her siblings over every single one of those years. Happy Birthday Bette Boop!

I was happy to spend the weekend back in Fairfax, but I do wish the weather would have cooperated a bit more. The sun has finally come out this afternoon. Saturday morning I was with Sue for the CRT class at Lifetime - and this time she went nuts with the weight and our shoulders, biceps and triceps. I should be happy about that as I completed 8 miles indoors today (due to rain again) and my legs are now screaming at me.

Next Saturday is the Charlottesville 10 Miler - my prep run for the 1/2 Marathon at the end of the month. I've reconnected with one of my best college friends who says she will come down to the city to cheer me on (her daughter is in school at NYU). I hope the weather is better for the 2 runs ahead, but I've secured a rain jacket for running just in case.

No comments: