Saturday, February 14, 2009

February 14, 2009 -- 10K

George Washington 10K in Alexandria VA today. A personal best completing the 10K in 74:49 minutes (11:42 per mile)! I did it by walking for 3 minutes and running for 2 the whole way out. I came in 630 out of 659 runners, and 60 of 66 in my female age group. Its amazing how folks on intervals tend to pass each other but really stay together the whole race. It was a chilly 35 degrees when we started but my body heated up pretty quickly.

Great progress for me from a year ago, and I felt pretty confident that I could do the course again (maybe not at the same interval) so that I can get through the 1/2 marathon. Right now, I'm thinking I can complete the 1/2 in 3 hours (which would be about 40 minutes quicker than last June). Time will tell.

A great workout and a great race course (pretty flat)!

No comments: