Ellsworth Maine! I arrived here around 1:30PM after a crazy trip. I landed in VA from Indiana on Friday night and left the house around 7PM to head north and get a jump on the 12 hour trip. Traffic on the Beltway was miserable. I made it as far as Woodbridge NJ and had my head on the pillow by 11PM.
Up at 4:15AM and behind the wheel at 4:30AM after a couple hours sleep. I slugged through all day today just stopping for breakfast (Mass Pike) and gas twice to fill up. The clock logged about 12 hours 30 minutes of driving time for the trip. Its wonderful to be here.
Did the Branch Pond Road 5K tonight and ran into all kinds of family on the road as I started out and finished, with dinner at Hazel's Camp with 7 of us enjoying laughs and company. There is magic in the air.
The only challenge so far is the lack of hot water -- I'm hoping that is solved tomorrow. I'm too pooped tonight to try to solve it tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment