Sunday at Camp ~ Rain continued today with a couple times with no sprinkles. Despite the rain, I'm loving the cool temperatures, and the rain has not dampened my spirit. There is something about this place that provides solace, peace and grace to me that I can't get anywhere else. First good night's sleep in weeks after a wonderful evening at Main Camp.
Mass this morning at Our Lady of the Lake with a small crowd as it was the first Sunday of the season. The pastor kicked it off, but it was most definitely a dress rehearsal for the rest of the season. I saw several regulars and lots of new faces.
Leisurely day putting things away and then around 2PM I headed out for the 3.7 Mile round trip on the Branch Pond Road. I saw Shirley and Duff riding into town on my way out and Duff commented "Just 10 miles to Ellsworth" and I told him not to wait for me in town. On the way back Aunt Ann, Peggy and Kevin were headed into Renys for a little shopping. When I race I've never had anyone on the sidelines to cheer me on, but my little training runs here in Ellsworth are full of friends and family cheering me on.
I especially like that everyone who drives by (in either direction) will wave to me on the run. Cocktails at Main Camp tonight then back to get some work done before the 6AM flight back west.
No comments:
Post a Comment