Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week 1 Completes in San Jose, CA

So today I say goodbye to week 1 of "couch to 5k." I ran the last set of intervals at Willow Glen High School in San Jose CA while there was a men's soccer game going on on the field. Couldn't help but think of Robbie running back and forth while I was wheezing around the corners. Saw a little sign of hope as I realized (would have bet big bucks) that the intervals 4-7 actually had songs (with words to sing along with)!

Also found out I have a personal connection to Leukemia Society based on a note from Aunt Jo that Danceman's mom fought one of the diseases. Thanks for helping make the goal even more meaningful.

Back up to San Fran tonight after a great visit with my friends Karen and Carmel. Did anyone see the new IBM adds during the Football? Guess I'm all set up with the strategy to Do it :)

No comments: