Thursday, January 17, 2008

Week#1, Workout #2

WOW! Thanks for all the support so far on this journey.

Today I headed out for day 2 of week 1 and thanks to the magic of ipods Week 1 didn't show up because I had already listened to it! Panic set in when I listened ahead to week 2 which was 90 seconds of running. Luckily I went back to the "recently added" and there thankfully was Week 1...so I headed off on my normal course!

A little bit farther today thanks to the false start on the ipod -- the Amtrak Embarcadero Station was in sight, but I didn't push it! I couldn't help but think of CAS as I saw it (and the Ferry building ahead). Saturday I'll keep doing my intervals until I get there and walk back. I think my roundtrip today was 2.2 Miles (16% of a 1/2 Marathon -- or just another 11 Miles and full time running to add to it!)

I'm still amazed that there aren't any other slow dogs out on the Embarcadero with me - do you think New Years Resolutions have already been given up?

3 comments:

Tim Moore-Moore About That said...

Deeed-

We are SO proud of you! Please remember it was but a few short years ago that your good friend Tim Moore got his ass kicked by Oakie the Acorn during the Oakhurst 5K Milk Run. Yes, an overachieving mascot in a leotard pumped his skinny bird legs past me as that HUGE acorn head bobbed back and forth (and that annoying grin told me I wasn't good enough)

In fact, old people, those in walkers and wheelchairs all screamed past me, leaving me in the dust and prompting my (then) young children to cry out "Where's Daddy?"....their worried mother answered "He's out there somewhere-I'm sure he'll be right along"....oh, yes, I was OUT THERE, but "right along" can be measured in dog years. Our family Olympian Judy Benoit Samuelson Blood will finally have someone to be proud of and will at last be able to erase the painful memory of being related (even by marriage) to my pathetic ass....

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so exciting, Diane. Next time we hike Champlain, you'll be running up the trail!! Way to go-we are cheering you on every step of the way.
Love,
Sara

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting, Diane! Next time we hike Champlain, you will be jogging up the trail! Way to go-you are an inspiration.
Love,
Sara