Saturday, March 8, 2008

4 Mi Tennessee Valley & PAC10


The top picture is a view of the Team on the Marin Tennessee Valleey trail ahead of me so you can see how beautiful it is (and how many of us there are). The second picture is me at the beachhead (2 Miles) thanks to a fellow TNTr who took the pic for me.

The day started out with a hilly 4 mile jog/walk on the Tennessee Valley Trail (out to the beachhead). Rachel and I saw a coyote cross the road on our way into the trail! The trip was hard, but invigorating as I came back up to everyone else just under one hour and got a great "way to go" from all the team at the top. Something you just don't get when you workout by yourself.

Headed down to the PAC-10 Women's Basketball Tournament at the HP Pavilion, and watched the #1 (Stanford) and #2 (UC Berkley a/k/a Cal) beat their Oregonian competition. Karen and her niece Maiya along with a friend joined at the first game. I was too pooped to stay for the USC/UCLA game and came home on the 7PM Train from San Jose. Back tomorrow for 2 more games and maybe a side trip to Los Altos.

Pretty nervous about how beat I'll be next week after the 12K, but still confident that by hook or crook (or walking) I'll make it to the finish if they don't close the race.

No comments: