Saturday, April 12, 2008

8 Miles/1:58 Longest Yet

My first "Coaches Run" and it was awesome! We were once again in Marin County and had a beautiful place to run (including crossing over 101). I was thinking 7 ,but pushed myself to the 4.0 turnaround where I ran into Rachel -- who successfully completed a 1/2 marathon today!

Despite the fact that my legs are screaming at me right now, I'm pretty darn pleased about 15 minute miles in a time better than the Emerald Nuts (but it wasn't as hilly). Was accompanied at the end by a young lady from Chantilly VA who went to JMU and just moved out here to San Francisco -- what a small world.

Big thanks again to Rachel for tranporting and to Aimee for providing backup. Not quite sure what the rest of the weekend will bring, but heck - I went 8 miles today!

No comments: