Monday, February 4, 2008

Buddy Run -- Keysar Stadium

Home of the San francisco 49rs from 1946 to 1971 was the venue for my first "Buddy Run." Right across the street from Golden Gate Park - I'll have to find my way back in the daylight and check it out

Probably a group of about 15 people in three groups. Four of us aligned to "Group 1" so we ran around the track at the stadium (after a loop at the top for warmup before stretches.)

Overall a good experience -- I went 2 miles (8 laps) and ran at least one part of every 1/4 mile. New shoes and new socks - we'll see how that works out.

There are some real enthusiasts out there -- a guy jumping 2 feet together up two steps at a time up the stadium seats! another guy running up and down the steps in a section. I need to remember my ipod so I've got some company as right now I'm the tortoise and no one is quite as slow as me.

Great day connecting with friends for fundraising. Big shout out to Barb, Dave and Joan & Bob -- Thanks for contributing to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!

Tommorrow is Core Strengthening again.. I'm going to "zipcar" over and pick up Amy who I met tonight at the run -- she lives nearby.

No comments: