I returned to the Willow Glen track after an overnight in San Jose to celebrate Carmel's birthday and see "Vantage Point" (movie was much like groundhog day - but with a presidential assassination baked in -- get it on Netflix - don't pay $10 to see it).
Probably since I took 3 days off, the 35 min j/w on the schedule was a bit daunting, but it actually worked out. I walked for 5 minutes, and then started to jog -- well 2 minutes went by before I realized my watch was beeping so I decided to try jog for 2 and walk for 1. This lasted for 25 minutes (yippee!). The last ten were j/w for 1.5 min/ walk for 1.5 minutes, but I made it the full 35 minutes. Adding on 15 for walking back and forth and it was a good 50 minutes before the rain started. Gives me a little confidence for the 5K tomorrow. Looks like it is going to rain the whole day so I'm not sure if I am motivated enough to get out and do it.
Today is a bit of errands and visit to Aunt Sheila in Mountain View on my way back to the city. Have a great day!
Probably since I took 3 days off, the 35 min j/w on the schedule was a bit daunting, but it actually worked out. I walked for 5 minutes, and then started to jog -- well 2 minutes went by before I realized my watch was beeping so I decided to try jog for 2 and walk for 1. This lasted for 25 minutes (yippee!). The last ten were j/w for 1.5 min/ walk for 1.5 minutes, but I made it the full 35 minutes. Adding on 15 for walking back and forth and it was a good 50 minutes before the rain started. Gives me a little confidence for the 5K tomorrow. Looks like it is going to rain the whole day so I'm not sure if I am motivated enough to get out and do it.
Today is a bit of errands and visit to Aunt Sheila in Mountain View on my way back to the city. Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment