Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Core Training...Quite a Workout

Week 3 with Natazha who continues to amaze me with her flexibility. I think I saw some improvement, but without a visual on this roller and what we do with it, its really hard to try to explain.

Imagine a round sytrofoam tube the length of your torso (so buns and heads can be on it). Lay down...hands behind your head, do a crunch, rotate to the right and lift your right leg off the ground. The only connection you have with the ground is your left foot. Or alternately, lift your right leg up to 90 degrees, and put your right hand and then left on the knee. Release and change positions. If I didn't know how ridiculous I'd look on YouTube, I'd do a video. The good news is I could do this today with at least one side of my body. The other needs work.

Pushups -- managed 2 today -- she's holding them for 30 seconds. Absolutely no way.

Some walk away from the hour session looking quite refreshed. I on the other hand look like a drowned rat :0 I asked for some help on upper body, so in two weeks I'm going to learn about dynabands. Pretty sure I can wait for that one.

NextWave Wireless weighed in today with a great contribution (and great to connect) as well as my Leominster Mom (mother of Bentley Brother from yesterday). I'm almost half way to my goal for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Political predictions came out as I guessed last night. Maybe I should be a pundit?

No comments: