Race Day Morning
Up at 4AM, relaxed and now have everything together for the day. Its a beautiful morning (sunny) and sure to be stinking hot as I say out on the course. Anxious to see how bad Harlem Hill is (and we have to do it 2x!) More when its over.
Up at 4AM, relaxed and now have everything together for the day. Its a beautiful morning (sunny) and sure to be stinking hot as I say out on the course. Anxious to see how bad Harlem Hill is (and we have to do it 2x!) More when its over.
2:49 (The actual clock said 2:55)...under 3 Hours! I believe I shaved an hour off my time from last June which is pretty remarkable. The ice bath is preparing right now and then a shower and quick trip back to DC.
Ended up being a "fun run" with no timing, and they cancelled the full marathon due to the heat. It was pretty brutal, but a very nice course with 2 killer hills (in Harlem). More after some nourishment.
Ended up being a "fun run" with no timing, and they cancelled the full marathon due to the heat. It was pretty brutal, but a very nice course with 2 killer hills (in Harlem). More after some nourishment.
Great trip to NYC and back in DC by 5PM. I wasn't able to ice bath anything more than my feet, which might have been a bad decision (I'll know more tomorrow). I really enjoyed the day - especially as I was ready to stop at mile 7, glad I pushed through. I have to find a way to have energy past mile 1o -- the majority of the final 3 miles was power walking (and jogging down hill). The website reports there were 7700 of us out there!
1 comment:
Well done! An hour off your time from a year ago is more than remarkable! It is fantastic!
thanks for you comment on my race. It was a lot of fun but so hot. I could run no more than 50% of the last few miles, and was dragging. I didn't want to push to the limit and have heat exhaustion. At my age discretion can be the better part of valor. Art
Post a Comment