Saturday, April 4, 2009

April 4, 2009

I arrived in Charlottesville last night and had a wonderful time reconnecting with Wynne and Vicky who were my hosts for the evening. We went to a delicious Italian restaurant where I got some carbs, but really enjoyed the conversation the most.

Up this morning early for a 7:45AM Start to the Charlottesville 10 Miler. It was an excellent race. I completed the course in 2:05 which was a PR for me (and just about where I wanted to be). The thoughts of 3.1 more miles to complete the 1/2 at the pace I kept right now seems a bit of a challenge, but pretty sure I could walk 3 more miles to finish. Target for the 1/2 is now to finish between 2:40 and 3:00.

I called today a virtual relay race, as I finished my 10 miler, my friend Rachel was most probably departing from somewhere in the Bay Area on her long run in prep for April 19th 1/2 she will run. It was sorta neat to think she picked up where I left off.

After the race a quick stop back with Wynne and Vicki and then Bodo's to get some of the best bagels I've ever had. The warm turkey sandwich on a plain bagel was a real treat for the 10 mile distance -- I really enjoyed it. Planning on having a chicken caesar salad from Bodo's tonight for dinner to complete the day.

Great bright red shirt and medal were provided as recognition of the day.

2 comments:

PA1 Rachel Polish said...

I love the idea of a virtual relay and I think it worked! I also had a good run on Saturday. Thanks for your good wishes and let's try that virtual relay tactic again on 4/19. :)

Keep up the great work!

Rachel

o2bhiking said...

Congratulations on a PR. If you are walking and did 10 miles in just over 2 hours, that is an amazing time! You will certainly hit your time goal in the half.